Hey there anglers and welcome to my post where we will check out my three best lures for Crappie to get their laughing gear around this year. Crappie fishing can be both a fun and challenging experience for any angler. And whilst they are not as fussy as some other species, they do chop and change what they eat based on seasonal and water conditions.
For this reason, Crappie fishing necessitates lures in various designs, shapes and colors to attract and stimulate bites easily. So for those of you who like to get out there with a lure, I have had a good look around and come up with three decent options below.
Let’s check them out…
My three recommended lures for Crappie
I will review these in more detail below however if you want to get moving without all the carry-on, my recommended products are listed here for your convenience:
|Product Image||Product Name / Primary Rating / Price||Primary Button|
What are lures for Crappie?
Fishing lures are small, artificial objects that are often shaped like a fish’s prey with a hookset attached. Their primary purpose is to draw target fish to a fishing line.
When it comes to Crappie, soft plastic jigs, swimbaits, crankbaits and spinners can all be effective and are a good substitute for live minnows, which Crappies love. When combined with the proper rod and reel combo, these lures increase your chances of success.
What should you be looking for?
The following factors should be considered as you look around for a good lure for your Crappie fishing adventures:
- Lure type
- Construction material
- Realistic design
As stated above, there are a number of lure types that may work well with Crappie. Below is a simple description of each lure and why they are effective against Crappie.
- Jigs – Jigs are among the most productive options and preferred by many experienced angler. Jigs come in a wide range of styles with e round heads, flat heads, pinpoint heads or even none at all. Some jigs have weed guards, while others are nearly naked. Jigs are designed to produce a jerky, vertical motion that effectively attracts a target fish and can be used to catch a variety of fish ranging from Salmon and Trout to Bluegill, Bass, and Crappie.
- Swimbaits – Swimbaits typically mimic the natural movements of various fish with three main types including paddle tails, hard bodies and soft bodies. When anglers hear the word swimbait, their mind immediately goes to big Bass however they are also effective for Crappie.
- Crankbaits – Crankbaits are designed to cover a large amount of water quickly and make noise underwater as you reel them in, which attracts fish from the surrounding area. Crappie respond well to crankbaits and will aggressively pursue them.
- Spinners – Spinners are one of the most effective types of Crappie lures and are typically simple wire configurations with a metal blade that spins as you reel in the lure. They attract Crappie with flash and vibration via their revolving blade.
Whatever type of lure you decide to use, ensure that it is made from durable materials. Look for jigs and fixtures made of stainless steel or high-carbon steel. Swimbaits, on the other hand, should be made of durable plastics so that they can withstand strong fish bites.
When it comes to lures, there are a number of different number patterns to choose from and there are times when you may need to swap and change depending on fish behavior. However, when selecting the best crappie bait color, keep the following in mind:
- For jigs, choose the following color combinations, white bodies with red heads and pink marabou tails.
- A blue head with a white body is ideal for clear water on a sunny day. Other interesting color combinations include chartreuse, pink-white, orange-white and red-white.
- The white color is ineffective in clear, warm water. Greens, lime-black, brown-orange, or full-chartreuse are other options.
- Crappie fishing in muddy waters on a bright day will be successful if you use jigs with hues such as chartreuse, lime, green or orange.
For swimbaits, they must represent the appearance and movement of live bait such as minnows. This is achieved when the lure comes with 3D eyes and has segmented bodies to aid a real-life swim action.
Other potential additions include:
- Glow-in-the-dark: Certain lures can light up when placed in dark areas. This feature is handy in low-light conditions.
- Integrated hooks: These are a good addition since it saves you time tying a hook to the lure. You have to be sure that the hooks are the right size for the crappies.
- Number of pieces: Typically, lures for crappies come in several pieces. This quality is helpful because it allows you to choose which color will work for a particular situation.
My three recommendations broken down
So based on the information above and my own experience, I recommend the following options:
1. Dovesun 110pcs Crappie Lures with Jig Heads
My first lure option for Crappie combine jigs and paddle tails with numerous color options as well. See its specifications below:
- Brand: Dovesun
- Lure type: Jig heads and paddle tails
- Colors: Six different colors
- Number of pieces: 80
Other inclusions :
- Integrated hooks
- Realistic eyes
- Portable box
- 10 pcs can glow in the dark
Why have I chosen them?
The lures are of different types and colors, making them adaptable to any Crappie fishing situation. And with their realistic design and movement, these lures are designed to perform in any conditions.
2. Facikono Crankbait Set For Crappie
If you prefer using crankbaits to catch Crappie, then my second recommended lures suit you. The lures are sizable enough to attract sizable fish and also come in a number of colors for varying conditions. See its specifications below:
- Brand: Facikono
- Lure type: Crankbaits
- Colors: 12 different colors
- Number of pieces: 12
- Integrated treble hooks
- Realistic eyes
Why have I chosen them?
These lures are made of rigid ABS material, are long-lasting, and can be used repeatedly. Furthermore, each crankbait includes two sharp treble hooks, allowing for faster penetration and rock-solid hook sets on any bass that bites.
When you purchase, you will receive twelve pieces of big and chubby crankbaits (3.94 inches) in various colors. They have metal balls inside the separated body channel, giving them a smooth, enticing thump action in water to lure your prized crappies.
3. XFISHMAN Feather Jigs for Crappie Fishing
My final lures for Crappie come in simple designs yet look alive in the water. These are bestselling jig baits used by professionals due to their effectiveness. See its specifications below:
- Brand: XFISHMAN
- Lure type: Jigs
- Colors: 10 different colors
- Number of pieces: 50
- Bright 3D eyes
Why have I chosen them?
These feather jigs are commonly used in freshwater and saltwater with hooks made of high-carbon steel with high strength and corrosion resistance. When the hair is lowered into the water, it opens up and throbs, giving the dance a natural appearance.
There you have it, my three best lures for Crappie. I would be pleased to know how this article helped you, and as usual, let me know of your experiences with them.
Also, please do not hesitate to comment below if you have any questions, concerns, or corrections or would like me to check anything else out for you.
Until next time.