Hey there campers and welcome to my post where I will share my three best emergency survival kits for camping this year. The wilderness is full of surprises that can either make our day or put us in dangerous situations. Considering that there is a high probability for the latter to happen, having emergency survival kits are a must-have for any type of outback adventurer.
Survival kits function as storage of valuable items that will help the user be more prepared in almost any survival situation. The best survival kits can be stored or retrieved anywhere, contain all necessary supplies, and are quick and straightforward to use. Considering that there are lots of different emergency survival kit options to choose from, let’s check out some of the options I have come up with below…
My three recommended emergency survival kits for camping
I will review these in more detail below, but if you just want to get moving without all the carry-on, my recommended products are listed here for your convenience:
|Emergency Survival Kits For Camping||Price||Get it|
|ProCase Survival Kit||$||CURRENT PRICE|
|Aokiwo Emergency Survival Kit||$$||CURRENT PRICE|
|NAPASA Survival Kit||$$||CURRENT PRICE|
What are emergency survival kits?
Emergency survival kits are equipped with tools and gadgets that you will need to deal with different risky situations, such as getting lost in the forest, caught amid a violent storm or dealing with the many minor cuts and scrapes that can occur when enjoying the great outdoors. A camping survival should contain a basic set of supplies to get you through the rest of your camping trip, as well as an extra two to three days if things get particularly hairy.
In a nutshell, if disaster strikes in the wilderness, your camping survival kit will help you get home safely.
What should you be looking for?
Below are some of the main factors you should take into account as you shop for a good emergency survival kit for camping:
- Carrying pouch or case
Survival kits come in different sizes and many include a backpack, case, or small sack that holds its contents. Most of them have a medium-to-large backpack with plenty of extra space for you to fill with additional essentials or personal items that were not included.
If you are looking forward to a backpacking adventure, a kit with a heavy-duty pouch or case might be a good option. Case based survival kits may also do well if you have a vehicle since they can be carried along or set up your spacious family tents. From there, it is up to you to decide how large of a bag you require.
There are survival kits that contain specific essential equipment to help you survive in the wilderness if ever you lose your way. They include such options as:
- mini water filtration system
- fire starter,
- small axe or saw
- emergency whistle
- camping knife
- basic first aid kit.
Some survival kits are designed for particular events or situations such as severe weather, camping or hiking accidents, etc. as well. At the end of the day, you will just need to ensure that the kit you choose is suitable for the outdoor activities you will be undertaking.
Whatever camping survival kit you buy, it will be a wise choice that the following essential items are included in it:
- Survival knife – If you need to sharpen sticks, cut strings, or skin animals for food, a survival knife will come in handy. This knife comes with a bottle opener and a glass breaker, and sometimes a leather sheath for carrying.
- Tactical flashlight – This tool is very useful to light your path in the dark or send emergency signals at nighttime. A tactical flashlight can be a great addition to your illumination gear aside from your portable camping lantern.
- Compass – While your phone’s GPS is an excellent tool, a compass is a superb camping survival item to have on hand in case you need to help navigate your way safely. The compass should also be waterproof and shockproof.
- First aid kit – As you traverse the woods, there is a chance for you to get insect bites, scratches, or even wounds. These situations would require you to bring camping first aid kits. A quality first aid kit would contain certain pain relievers, insect spray, bandages, alcohol, cotton, etc.
- Thermal blanket – A thermal blanket is used to reduce heat loss during emergencies and disasters. This blanket also serves as a windproof and waterproof shelter barrier.
- Survival rope – This special rope has lots of uses when you are in an emergency. It could be used as a tourniquet or tie branches of trees to make a temporary shelter.
As you would expect, the more a survival kit contains, the heavier it should probably be. There are however some lightweight options available for those who like to keep safe whilst traveling a long way. As with anything to do with camping, the weight is a big consideration based on the type of activities you choose to do and how you plan to get there.
Although plenty of survival kits you could find on the market today have carrying pouches or cases, check for something that is sturdy and durable. Trust me, the contents of an emergency kit are something you don’t want to be carrying individually if the bag breaks.
Other potential additions include:
- Waterproof – This feature applies to the items that comprise the survival kit, especially to the carrying pouch or case. It is essential that when the rain pours hard as you explore the wilderness, the survival materials in the kit are well-protected.
- Tactical pens – I find these pens a great addition to survival kits. Aside from writing, these pens can inflict minor wounds on animals for protection or break car glasses if your vehicle gets trapped underwater.
- Survival bracelet – This multi-functional bracelet can help you accomplish many tasks to survive. It can function as a tourniquet, fire starter, fishing line, shoelaces, etc.
My three recommendations broken down
So based on the information above and my own experience, I recommend the following options:
1. ProCase Survival Kit
This first option contains every rudimentary item you need to survive in the wild including all of the must-haves listed above. It is lightweight and suitable for camping types. See its specifications below:
- Brand: ProCase
- Weight: 1.3 pounds
- Item dimension: 7.9 x 4.5 x 0.5 inches
- Case material: Hard plastic
- Multi-functionality: 40 in 1 survival kit
Other inclusions it has:
- Tactical pen
- Paracord bracelet
- Saber card
- Water bottle clip
Why have I chosen it?
This first product is a good option to assist you on most emergency situations experienced by campers. It has handy and functional supplies for both tactical and medical needs. A great option for hikers and those who want security in non extreme locations.
2. Aokiwo Emergency Survival Kit
This next option is ideal for outdoor enthusiasts and built in the same mould as those for first responders, tactical medics and military personnel etc. Everything is organized and protected inside a military-grade 1000D nylon EMT bag and chosen by a US military veteran to guarantee that these are what you need to survive any harsh situation in the great outdoors. See its specifications below:
- Brand: Aokiwo
- Weight: 2.6 pounds
- Item dimension: 10.04 x 8.11 x 4.25 inches
- Case material: 1000D nylon EMT pouch
- Multi-functionality: 200 in 1 survival kit
- Tactical pen
- Paracord bracelet
- Saber card
- Pocket bellow
- Emergency whistle
Why have I chosen this?
In terms of entry level survival kits, this next option provides not only the essentials but also added extras and necessities such as folding pliers, pocket below, camping utensils and a well-thought-out first aid kit for any type of medical situation. The EMT bag provides three large compartments to hold all of the items neatly with some extra room for other essential gear as well. A great option for those who like to travel far and wide.
3. NAPASA Survival Kit
This last option stands out in terms of functionality, portability, and durability. There are more than enough survival and medical equipment options inside to cope with any precarious situation the wild can hurl at you. See its specifications below:
- Brand: NAPASA
- Weight: 4.1 pounds
- Item dimension: 11.73 x 8.62 x 6.18 inches
- Case material: Polyester
- Multi-functionality: 232 in 1 survival kit
- Multi-function folding axe
- 4-in-1 military shovel
- Fishing kit
- Three-mode flashlight
- Tactical water bottle buckle
Why have I chosen this?
This excellent wilderness survival kit gives you a full range of emergency gear such as a multi-function axe with 15 different uses and a three-mode flashlight to enhance your visibility at night. Cuts and scratches become less of your worry thanks to the kit’s comprehensive first aid bag as well. Long term campers could do a lot worse than this option.
There you have it, my three best emergency survival kits for camping this year. I hope it has been helpful and as usual, please let me know of your experiences with them.
Also, please do not hesitate to comment below if you have any questions, concerns, corrections, or would like me to check anything else out for you.
Until next time
2 thoughts on “3 Best Emergency Survival Kits for Camping”
Everything is very open with a clear clarification of the issues.
It was definitely informative. Your website is useful.
Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for stopping by