Hey there my fellow fishing enthusiasts. Today we are going to take a look at the weird and wonderful with my 5 beach fishing accessories you didn’t know you needed. Well weird and wonderful is probably a little strong however these are those little bits and pieces that can certainly make things a little easier for you whilst fishing on the beach.
Whether the advantages come from multiple use options (so we can carry less) or just things to simplify what we are doing, then they should certainly be of assistance to us. Let’s check them out…
1. Umbrella Anchor/Fishing Rod Holder
If you have read any of my posts in regards to surf fishing you will know that I include a fishing rod holder in my list of ‘must have’ items to take to the beach. What I have found here however is an implement that can not only work as a sturdy rod holder, but a beach umbrella anchor as well.
The holder screws into the sand and includes a mounting screw for extra stability too. Oh, and if the fish are not biting and you want to play volleyball instead, then two of these will hold your net posts as well (or a flag, net, gaffer hook or just about anything else you use that has a pole or handle).
- HEAVY DUTY ULTIMATE SUMMIT BEACH UMBRELLA SAND ANCHOR: is made out of strong ABS, and will withstand tropical force winds! The durable construction provides extra support for large wind gusts. The anchor allows for easy installation, to keep you and your family in the shade! You can now spend more time under your umbrella, and spending less time on the hassle of digging holes to install your umbrella!
- EASY INSTALL ULTIMATE SUMMIT BEACH UMBRELLA SAND AUGER: The 15" sand anchor was designed with a screw-like tip to allow to install easily into sand or soil! This allows for quick and sturdy installation every time! We make it easy for family and friends to take a break from the sun while at the beach, fishing, gardening, or any other outdoor activities!
- LIGHT WEIGHT ULTIMATE SUMMIT BEACH UMBRELLA SAND SCREW: You already have your beach chairs, towels, coolers, and beach toys for the family. Keep your beach trip easy on the back, and make sure you have the Ultimate Summit sand anchor. We kept you in mind when designing this ultra-light and durable sand anchor!
2. Chair Clamp Fishing Rod Holder
While we are on the rod holder bandwagon, what could be better than being able to incorporate two beach fishing requirements into one item. The chair clamp fishing rod holder clamps onto the side of your favourite fishing chair allowing you to simply cast your line and then sit and wait for the bites with your rod right there with you.
The rubberized clamps will fit onto most folding type camp/fishing chairs to fit a number of rod sizes. Oh, and there is more – not only are these able to hold your fishing rod, but also double as a cup holder as well for those long lazy trips where it is more about the sun and sand than the fishing…
3. Hands Free Bait Towel
OK, so we all know that if you are using fresh bait, then fishing can be a messy pastime. And if not, it is generally a wet one at the very least. Enter the bait towel. A bait towel is just like a normal hand towel, except is also has a carabiner clip on the side meaning you can bait your hook and then dry your hands without having to touch your reel, chair, drink or – you know you have all done it – wipe them on your pants.
And as above, even if you are only using lures, then you can at least keep your hands nice and dry before reaching into your tackle box or cooler as well. At the very least it will stop you taking the special guest hand towels from the linen cupboard before you go…
- MICROFIBER BAIT TOWEL - Take a Bait Towel with you to the Shore, On the Boat, In the Kayak and in your Tackle Box. Always REEL CLEAN. Keep your hands clean & dry for free reeling. Quick wipe after baiting hook, or a quick release. Perfect for cleaning eye wear with no streaks.
- EASY-TO-USE CARABINER CLIP - Attaches to your belt loop for Hands Free Convenience. Toss that old fishing rag and move up to a new Microfiber Bait Towel.
- AMAZING CLEANING RESULTS - Super absorbent, lightweight microfiber that removes bait, slime, and blood from hands quickly. Durable fabric that dries fast and reduces odors. Wash and reuse often.
For our first item on the list above we discussed anchors to keep your beach umbrella upright in the stand. However if you want something just a little smaller (beach umbrellas can be heavy to lug all that way as well) then the Sport-Brella provides the perfect solution.
These are little umbrellas that clip onto the back of your fishing chair to keep you in the shade as you hunt the big ones. And on a serious note, they provide UPF 50+ protection to help keep skin safe from 99.5% of UVA and UVB rays. They will attach to any tubular or square pole meaning they will work for you if you are on the kayak as well.
- UPF 50+ PROTECTION The Versa-brella is a clamp-on shade canopy umbrella that offers UPF 50+ protection to help keep skin safe from 99.5% of UVA and UVB rays
- RUGGED COVER AND DURABLE CONNECTOR The rugged canopy cover won’t rip or tear; a heavy-duty universal clamp connects to square and tubular surfaces and ensures a secure hold on golf bags, strollers, beach chairs, or even bleachers
- ADJUSTS TO ANY ANGLE: The 4-way, 360-degree swivel and 2 push button hinges allows the Versa-brella to be adjusted to any angle to block the sun
5. Fishing Fanny Pack
We call them “bum bags” down here but regardless, you can add fishing to one of the many, many uses for the good old fanny pack. If you are someone who prefers to stand and deliver when fishing on the beach (and have hated all the chair based options above), then this is the pack for you.
These sit flush to your body meaning they are out of the way and allow you to keep extra lures, tackle, tools and so on with you at all times for easy access – and you could also clip your bait towel to it as well. It also contains a drink holder and dry pocket for your phone and wallet too allowing you to snap a quick pic of your monster catch all without leaving the water.
- LIGHT WEIGHT MULTI FUNCTIONAL FANNY PACK - Super light outdoor pack with multi pockets. Durable and practical for fishing hiking cycling climbing and travel. A necessary pack to keep your essentials you need and easy to get while on-the-go
- PERFECT SIZE CARRYING AROUND WAIST PACK - Dimensions of the fishing waist pack 12.2"L x 4.7"W x 5.3"H, The main double zippered pocket is 9"x 3.4" x 5.3" good size for a wallet checkbook etc. The main compartment has an internal pouch for storing the the licenses, wallets, etc
- A ZIPPERED POCKET ON THE BACK WHICH FLUSHES TO YOUR BODY - This 6"x5.3" pocket enlarges the storage of the fishing waist bag. It is a great area to put your passport, cell phone (No missing any phone calls) and something you don't want others seeing easily
And there they are – 5 beach fishing accessories you didn’t know you needed. I hope it has been helpful and as usual, please let me know of your experiences or any other tips you may have.
Also, please do not hesitate to comment below if you have any questions, concerns, corrections or would like me to check anything else out for you.
Until next time
Note: If you make a purchase from this page, there is a very good chance that I make a commission from it – these commissions do not increase your sale price. This may include sales made via Amazon, Piscifun or Fishbooker.com.