Hey there campers and welcome to my post where I will share my three best portable folding tables for camping this year. If there is one item that I really miss if it is not there it is a camping table. I mean aside from being useful as you prepare your camping meals, they can also be a place for socializing, playing cards, eating as well as providing a central location for any other camping activities.
Now, there is plenty to choose from out there when it comes to a good camping table so let’s check out some of the options I have come up with below…
My three recommended portable folding tables for camping
I will review these in more detail below, but if you just want to get moving without all the carry-on, my recommended products are listed here for your convenience:
|Portable Folding Table||Price||Get it|
|Iceberg Personal Folding Table||$||CURRENT PRICE|
|REDCAMP Folding Camping Table||$$||CURRENT PRICE|
|COLIBYOU Folding Table||$$||CURRENT PRICE|
What are folding camping tables?
When it comes to camping, the reason we choose a portable folding table is that as it has legs that fold up underneath and then the top folds in half. This makes storage more manageable and the table more portable with many also made of lightweight materials. Portable tables come in different materials and configurations, but they all observe certain factors that determine their quality.
What should you be looking for?
Below are some of the main factors you should take into account as you shop for a good portable folding table for camping:
- Construction material
- Weight limit
- Ease of set-up
Camping tables are made from a variety of materials, and each has its unique characteristics.
- Aluminum camping tables are both durable and light in weight. Camping tables made from aluminum fabric are rust and heat-resistant. Furthermore, they are simple to clean; all you need is a damp cloth to remove stains from the table, and you’re good to go.
- Steel folding camping tables have a more solid construction and are thought to be more durable and sturdy. Furthermore, these can withstand adverse weather conditions such as rain and storms.
- Plastic is a material that is known for being lightweight, portable, and easy to clean. Those that are made from heavy-duty plastic are impact and scratch-resistant.
- Wooden folding tables for camping are also sturdy and dependable. The wood used in folding tables has been treated to prevent it from absorbing water. They frequently have a polished shine to them, which draws attention to the grain of the wood. Wood folding tables can be made entirely of wood or wood and metal.
The legs of folding camping tables could be adjustable or fixed. Innovative products have adjustable legs that fit your different situations in the camping sites. Whatever your sitting position is, you can adjust the legs to different heights which is helpful to keep the table at a height to match your camping chair.
Like any other piece of camping equipment, you should consider how you will bring the table to the campground. It should collapse and fold up into a size that fits into your vehicle and I also recommend camping tables with carrying cases or handles upon being folded for easy transport from the car to the campsite.
The weight capacity of a camp table will tell you how strong and stable it is, eventually assisting you in selecting the best camp table for your needs. A compact and ultralight side table will suffice if you only intend to place light items on it, such as a book, a drink, or a plate of food.
Ease of set up
When it comes to camping, anything that is simple to set up is very handy so when it comes to a folding table, its ease of assembly is another significant factor. Look for something that folds and unfolds with ease and without a lot of maneuvering and adjustment. At the end of the day, if it can’t be done by one person, forget it!
- Cup holders – Some folding tables integrate this feature to hold your beverages as you enjoy your outdoor meals.
- Compact side tables – This addition is an extension of the primary tabletop and can support other small items you need to be within your reach.
- Umbrella hole – When you are out in the summer, the scorching heat of the Sun might ruin your lunch. To solve this issue, some manufacturers include an umbrella hole or even an actual umbrella.
- Built-in seats – Obviously, you have a limited number of camping seats, so this feature is a good addition. The trade off, however, is that the product becomes difficult to carry by a single person.
- Storage bags – Commonly placed underneath the table, these bags will aid you in organizing other items you need.
- Carrying bags – Some products provide you with carrying bags where you can put the folding camping table inside. The goal, of course, is for easy carrying of the item from your vehicle to the camping ground and vice versa.
What do I use?
We use an option similar to option 3 below. It is light in weight with adjustable leg height and a carry handle. It can be assembled quickly by one person however the legs are a little cumbersome as you need two hands – 1 to push in the little latch and the other to pull the legs out.
That said, these are a godsend for camping as the table can quickly be put up anywhere for any need.
My three recommendations broken down
So based on the information above and my own experience, I recommend the following options:
1. Iceberg Personal Folding Table
This first folding table offers excellent durability with the ability to hold up to 200 pounds of weight. It is scratch and impact-resistant camping table built to withstand whatever you place on top of it. If you are into environmental preservation, this table is manufactured from post-consumer recycled plastic as well. See its specifications below:
- Brand: Iceberg
- Item weight: 11 pounds
- Item height: Adjustable from 22″ to 25″ to 28″
- Weight capacity: 200 pounds
- Dimensions: 30 x 20 x 28 inches
- Construction material: High-Density Polyethylene top and heavy gauge, powder coated steel legs
- Dent and scratch resistant
Why have I chosen it?
The tabletop is made of high-density polyethylene, which is weather-resistant, long-lasting, and easy to clean with a simple wipe. You can adjust its height three times to cater to your outdoor activity making it perfect for any camping need. The perfect option for 1 or 2 people traveling by car to their campsite.
2. REDCAMP Folding Camping Table
This second option offers functionality and portability. It is made from aluminum which means the weight will never be an issue and aside from ease of assembly and cleaning, you can alter its height depending on your preference and need. See its specifications below:
- Brand: REDCAMP
- Item weight: 5.5 pounds
- Item height: 10.2″/26cm to 20″/50.5cm
- Weight capacity: 70 pounds
- Dimensions: 24 x 16 x 24 inches
- Construction material: Density fiberboard (MDF) top + Thicker Aluminum Alloy Frame (Diameter 25mm).
- Folds in half with legs tucked inside
- Security latch
- Convenient handle
- 180-day warranty
Why have I chosen this?
This product assembles in a matter of seconds and due of its medium-density fiberboard material, you are guaranteed a lightweight and quick clean folding table. To further enhance the product’s durability, aluminum frames are used to secure its sides. Once folded, you can carry this product anywhere thanks to the attached convenient handle. A perfect option for those who like to move their table around as they camp.
3. COLIBYOU Folding Table
With a length of six feet, this product is a classic design that suits a big group of people. The handles make it simple to store and transport as well as the fact that the materials used ensure that it is exceptionally durable. The steel frame base is coated in a weather-resistant finish, making it suitable for use in all weather conditions. See its specifications below:
- Brand: Colibyou
- Item weight: 27 pounds
- Item height: 24 inches (2 feet)
- Weight capacity: 300 pounds
- Dimensions: 72 x 29.13 x 29.5 inches
- Construction material: High-quality plastic and powder coated steel legs
Other inclusions it has:
- Frame joint locks
- Non-slip rubber feet
- Side lock
- Convenient handle
Why have I chosen this?
The last folding table is similar to the one I described that I use above and is a great option to accommodate a larger group of people on your camping site. When it comes to durability, this item’s tabletop is made from high-quality and durable plastic making it heat-resistant and dent proof. The steel legs are sturdy enough to hold a weight capacity of 300 pounds and when not in use, the foldable design includes a side lock and handle, making it easy to transport or store in a small space.
There you have it, my three best portable folding tables for camping this year. I hope it has been helpful and as usual, please let me know of your experiences with them.
Also, please do not hesitate to comment below if you have any questions, concerns, corrections, or would like me to check anything else out for you.
Until next time