Hey there hunters and welcome to my post where we will check out my 3 best hunting chairs for a more comfortable aim this year. It probably goes without saying but sitting inside our hunting shelters for hours could make us uncomfortable unless we have something to sit on.
And unfortunately, even the most experienced hunters frequently underestimate the value of a comfortable hunting chair. Of course however, these chairs come in a variety of shapes and sizes with some that swivel have armrests and other feature variations as well. So yo help you out, I have had a good look around and come up with three good options below.
Let’s check them out…
My three recommended hunting chairs
I will review these in more detail below however if you just want to get moving without all the carry-on, my recommended products are listed here for your convenience:
What are chairs for hunting?
As implied by the name, hunting chairs are specifically crafted to assist the hunter maintain comfort as they await their prey. Of course you can use your camping or fishing chair, however as above, made for purpose hunting chairs offer a number of different functions as well.
Firstly, most are built for portability for ease of movement whilst comfort and the ability to swivel are also handy additions when hunting – especially if you plan to sit in your shelter for a while.
What should you be looking for?
The following factors should be considered as you look for a good chair to match your hunting needs.
- Weight capacity
When it comes to hunting chairs, there are a few options including:
- 360-degree swivel chairs: Swivel chairs give you the freedom to rotate your body for a shot. Many hunters believe a 360-degree swivel chair with adjustable legs and seat height is undoubtedly the best hunting chair if you are inside your hunting shelter.
- Folding chairs: These hunting chairs are lightweight and compact making them ideal for transport. Folding chairs are also a good choice if you are hunting in blinds. However, they are better suited for short hunting sessions because they do not provide long-term seating comfort.
- Tripods: These chairs stand using only three feet, hence the name. To achieve stability on uneven grounds, tripod hunting chairs are equipped with adjustable leg height.
- Stools: Of all the types of hunting chairs, the stools are the most lightweight and easy to transport. This feature is useful when you need to change locations immediately. However, stools get a low score in comfort.
The construction materials of the hunting chair will determine how long you can bring the product in your hunting sessions. Powder-coated aluminum is an excellent material for a hunting chair’s frame as it is light. On the other hand, powder-coated steel will resist rusting and chipping and will remain in good condition over time. Check that all the chair’s joints are well-built and easy to lock.
To further enhance the usefulness of the hunting chairs, some manufacturers include seat compression straps with an aim to keep you from sinking. Others add high-density foam seats and like our other hunting equipment, it is best to purchase rip-proof and waterproof seating and backs as well.
This feature is the primary reason hunters spend money buying hunting chairs. I recommend you look for hunting chairs with adjustable lumbar support and a flared backrest for a more comfortable seating experience. Hunting chairs with padded seats, arms, and backrests are also a good choice for improved support and relief from muscle pain if you plan to stay in the one spot for a while.
When hunting, there will be instances where we have to move from one place to another in search of a better location. For this purpose, you may want somethin a little more portable .
Products that are lightweight and easy to carry are the most practical choice here with some even including carry bags too.
Obviously it is pointless purchasing a hunting chair that cannot support your weight and a general rule of thumb is that the higher the weight capacity, the better the quality of the chair. Ideally, you should look for chairs that can support more than 300 pounds as you need to consider the weight of the fire arm and even extra clothing if hunting in winter as well.
Other potential additions include:
- Swiveling: This factor gives the hunter the advantage of facing the proper direction without much effort to reposition your body – they can however be a little noisy.
- Item holder: Some chairs are equipped with holders to keep your equipment in place.
- Adjustable legs: This quality not only gives you the proper height but also helps to accommodate the terrain where you are stationed.
- Noise: It will be frustrating to sit on a noisy chair because this gives away your position. In buying hunting chairs, select those that are quiet and do not squeak etc. when you sit on them
My three recommendations broken down
So based on the information above and my own experience, I recommend the following options:
1. PORTAL Extra Large Quick Folding Tripod Stool
My first recommended hunting chair is a great choice for those who like to move around as they hunt. Aside from being portable, it has other needed qualities such as a backrest and storage pocket at a very affordable asking price. See its specifications below:
- Brand: PORTAL
- Type: Tripod folding chair
- Construction materials: Powder-coated steel and 600 denier polyester
- Weight capacity: 225 pounds
- Dimensions: 19 x 17.7 x 30.7 inches
- Item weight: 4.5 pounds
- Side pockets
- Shoulder strap
- Foam padded back
Why have I chosen it?
This is a folding tripod chair that does not require assembly, making it simple to use and deploy whenever you need it. Furthermore, it also folds into a slightly elongated bundle and comes with a strap for carrying it over your shoulder. It is made of a sturdy frame to support a hunter weighing 225 pounds with integrated side pockets for storing your other hunting necessities as well.
2. Huntrite 360º Swivel Hunting Blind Chair
This second hunting chair option gives you the benefit of full 360-degree rotation without any annoying noise. It is built for comfort yet portable enough to move around with as well. See its specifications below:
- Brand: Huntrite
- Type: 360-degree swivel chair
- Construction materials: Heavy-duty steel frame
- Weight capacity: 300 pounds
- Dimensions: 15.5 x 19.5 x 30. inchess
- Item weight: 11.19 pounds
- Silent rotation
- Shoulder strap
- Padded seat
Why have I chosen it?
This chair can handle hunters that weigh up to 300 pounds which is made possible by the heavy-steel frame of the product. The 360-degree swivel mechanism gives you the necessary agility you need once wildlife enters your shooting range. For stability purposes, this chair has wide duck feet that prevent it from sinking and when you have to move, it can be folded easily with shoulder straps for a comfortable carry.
3. Browning Huntsman Swivel Hunting Chair
My last hunting chair option is another offering a 360-degree silent rotation on a tripod base that is height adjustable. See its specifications below:
- Brand: Browning
- Type: 360-degree swivel hunting chair
- Construction materials: Powder-coated steel and durable mesh fabric
- Weight capacity: 275 pounds
- Dimensions: 18 x 18 x 37 inchess
- Item weight: 13 pounds
Other inclusions it has:
- Silent rotation
- Adjustable seat height
- Adjustable legs
Why have I chosen this?
This chair has a good seat width and an adjustable height ranging from 17.5 to 23 inches allowing most hunters to shoot through the windows of the hunting shelter. This chair is relatively easy to move when necessary, weighs 13 pounds and the comfortable shoulder strap will relieve any strain as you carry it to your destination. The frame and seat are made of high-quality materials, and the fabric is quick-drying and easy to clean too.
There you have it, my three best chairs for hunting that will certainly provide comfort as you patiently wait for your target. I would be pleased to know how this article helped you, and as usual, let me know of your experiences with them.
Also, please do not hesitate to comment below if you have any questions, concerns, corrections, or would like me to check anything else out for you.
Until next time.